Philippe G. Hills
President & CEO
Senior Consultant & Principal
Phil joined Marts & Lundy in 2011 with more than 20 years of advancement experience with particular expertise in health sciences, higher education, and complex organizations. In 2016, Phil was elected President and CEO of Marts & Lundy.
Prior to coming to the firm, Phil served three years as the Executive Vice President for Development at the Livestrong Foundation. During his tenure there, he created a comprehensive development plan that included the first international fundraising strategy, built the first major gifts team, and helped develop new domestic and international licensing and corporate partner programs.
Prior to his work at the Foundation, Phil served as Vice President for Development at Emory University’s Woodruff Health Sciences Center and as Associate Dean for Development for the School of Medicine where he implemented the University’s first comprehensive grateful patient giving program. He led Emory’s $1 billion health sciences campaign for programmatic and capital support. While at Emory, Phil also led international development and helped create the University’s International Advisory Board.
Phil also served as Director of Development and Alumni Affairs at the University of Florida Warrington College of Business, Director of Major Gifts at The George Washington University School of Business and Public Management, and as Executive Director of The University of Tampa Alumni Association.
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Auburn University
- Children’s National Hospital
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, OH
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Imperial College London
- Library of Congress
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Morehouse College
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- PBS Foundation
- Rutgers University
- Smithsonian Institution
- Tulane University
- University at Buffalo
- University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- University of Birmingham HealthPartners, UK
- University of Maryland School of Medicine
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Virginia Health System
- Vail Health
- Washington University, St Louis
- The University of Tampa, B.A.
- George Washington University, M.P.A.