Penelepe C. Hunt
Senior Consultant & Managing Principal
Penelepe joined Marts & Lundy in 2013 after 28 years as an advancement professional in higher education and the arts. As Penelepe’s professional responsibilities grew, culminating in her position as Vice Chancellor for Development at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), so too did Penelepe’s role as a mentor for fellow development professionals. While at UIC, Penelepe consulted with a variety of nonprofit organizations, providing executive coaching and facilitating training programs for deans, senior academic leaders and development staff.
Penelepe’s tenure at UIC spanned nine years, during which time she led a $650 million comprehensive campaign. The campaign ultimately exceeded its goal by $26 million. Prior to her move to UIC, Penelepe served as Associate Vice President and Campaign Director for Northwestern University. During her 12 years at Northwestern, Penelepe designed and led a successful $1.5 billion campaign.
A frequent faculty member for the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Penelepe created and chaired the national conference, Advanced Development for Deans, and was chair of the 2012 CASE Summit for Advancement Leaders. Penelepe was awarded CASE’s prestigious Steuben Apple for excellence in teaching. Her book, Development for Academic Leaders, a Practical Guide to Fundraising Success, was published in the fall of 2012. In May 2013, Penelepe’s numerous contributions to philanthropy were recognized by the Chicago Chapter of the AFP with the Benjamin Franklin Award.
- California State University System
- Chicago State University
- City University of New York (CUNY)
- Florida International University
- Frost Art Museum
- Hostos Community College
- Iowa State University
- Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU
- Los Angeles Opera
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- Northern Arizona University
- Northern Illinois University
- RAND Corporation
- Rice University
- Roosevelt University
- The Franklin Institute
- The Henry Ford
- The Washington Ballet
- Tufts University
- University of Alabama
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of California, Riverside
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- University of North Carolina
- University of Oklahoma
- University of South Carolina
- University of Southern Mississippi
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Youth Guidance
Highland Park, Illinois
- Pomona College, B.A.
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, M.B.A.