Nicholas Offord is one of Canada’s most experienced and respected consultants in the charitable sector. He has pioneered breakthrough fundraising strategies and campaigns for leading institutions and charities in Canada and internationally.
After graduating the University of Toronto, he began his career as a Campaign Director with a major consulting firm managing capital campaigns in communities across Canada.
In 1990, he joined McGill University where he served as Executive Director of Development. While there, he received the 1994 gold medal for “Best Development Program” from the Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education, in recognition of his leadership and ground-breaking capital campaign.
In 1995, he became the President of Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation and for the next ten years led rapid growth in health care fundraising and medical research. Here, Nicholas led the breakthrough “The Best Medicine” campaign, Canada’s first $100 million+ hospital fundraising initiative which eventually raised over $400 million.
In 2005, Nicholas founded The Offord Group, now a leading consulting practice in philanthropy that helps charities of all kinds with the strategic and management capacities required to achieve their ambitions.
In 2015, the Offord Group, joined with Marts&Lundy – North America’s oldest fundraising consultancy and one of the largest consulting groups globally in the sector. While remaining focused on Canada, the firm now has access to a diverse group of practice specialists, analytics, and unique thought leadership in strategy, fundraising, and campaigns.
In January 2019, he assumed responsibility for Marts&Lundy’s international consulting practise with a focus in the United Kingdom and Australia.
While he has and continues to serve a variety of clients in arts, social services, and conservation, his primary focus has been on health sciences, hospitals and public universities.
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart Foundation
- Concordia University
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation
- Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- Lakeridge Health Foundation
- London Health Sciences Foundation
- Mackenzie Health Foundation
- Metabolic Syndrome of Canada
- Michael Garron Hospital Foundation
- McGill University
- Mount Allison University
- National University of Singapore
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- Pathways to Education
- Sinai Health Partners
- Smith School of Business (Queen’s)
- Queen’s University
- Royal Conservatory of Music
- Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
- St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra
- University of New Brunswick
- Vancouver General Hospital Foundation
- University of Toronto – University College, B.A.