Senior Consultant & Managing Principal
Mark served as Chief Advancement Officer for the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas, Austin from 2014-2018. Dell Med was founded in 2013 and is distinctive as the first medical school created in nearly half a century at a tier-one research university. Mark started from scratch a comprehensive philanthropy program and coordinated a range of advancement, outreach and creative partnership activities for Dell Med.
Prior to Dell Med, Mark was President of the California Pacific Medical Center Foundation in San Francisco and Regional Vice President for Philanthropy of Sutter Health West Bay from 2009-2014.
Mark has worked in and around higher education and health sciences institutions for nearly 40 years. He is noted for leading large campaigns, transformational gifts strategy, staff development and performance, cultural change expertise, and integration of advancement with an institution’s strategic plan. His chief development officer roles included: Houston Methodist Hospital, Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago (now Lurie Children’s), Rice University and University of Houston.
Mark also is an experienced consultant. His earlier practice included top research universities and academic medical centers. In addition to philanthropy, his executive background includes marketing, public relations/media, crisis communications, community relations, business development and strategy for complex institutions.
Mark is a native Texan. Time away is devoted to family, woodworking and cooking.
- Brooklyn Hospital Center
- California State University, Fullerton
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Center for Global Health Innovation
- CHRISTUS Health
- Envirome Institute / University of Louisville
- Episcopal High School, Houston
- George Washington University & George Washington Medicine
- Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
- Institute for Noetic Sciences
- Jefferson Health
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
- Lutheran Medical Center SCL Health
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Parkland Health System
- St. John’s School, Houston
- University of Houston College of Medicine
- University of South Carolina
- University of Oklahoma
- The Wistar Institute
- Baylor University, B.B.A.
- University of Houston, M.B.A.