WEBINAR RECORDING: Reimagining the Future of Fundraising through the Lens of Unconventional Wisdom
(originally broadcast Wednesday, July 13, 2022)
What conventional wisdom told us:
- Growth in the S&P 500 correlates to growth in giving.
- You cannot solicit a gift over a video call.
- It takes 18 to 24 months for a new gift officer to secure gifts from new prospects.
Fast forward to 2022—none of these three tenets remain true.
In this panel presentation, we discuss why and how we must adapt our practices in the face of new realities—even going so far as to suggest that upending business as usual in the fundraising profession is the only way nonprofits will thrive rather than simply survive.
Penelepe Hunt, Senior Consultant & Managing Principal, Marts&Lundy
- Jonathan Agree, Vice President of Development, Academic Medicine and UC Health at University of Cincinnati Foundation
- Morgan Dudley, Director of Institutional Advancement at Phillips Exeter Academy
- Peter Hayashida, Marts&Lundy Consulting Partner, former Vice Chancellor for Advancement at University of California, Riverside