Program Design and Assessment
Attracting and retaining development talent is one of the most important, and most challenging, responsibilities of a chief advancement officer. An environment where top performers are engaged and excited is a critical component of a high-performing advancement program.
And the importance of talent doesn’t rest solely with development staff. Engaging academics, program leaders and volunteers with donors creates more powerful relationships, and greater support for your organization.
We can help you create and implement a customized talent development program to address your goals. Components of these programs can include retention programs for extraordinary staff, training for development staff, academics and volunteers, and leadership development the next generation of advancement leaders.
Our services include:
- Assessment of your staffing structure and needs
- Assessment of your current professional development programs, including orientation, leadership development, training and retention programs
- Assessment of your current staff’s strengths and potential
- Recommendation of staffing models
- Creation of new professional development programs in all the areas identified above
- Creation and delivery of specialized training programs for academics, volunteers, institutional leaders and other non-development staff
Training & Professional Development Programs
Training is a key component of strong development organizations—for development staff and for academic and program staff throughout the organization. Whether as a step in campaign preparation or as a part of creating and maintaining high performance in your ongoing program, your investment in your organization’s talent will pay dividends in increased program performance and in retention of key staff.
From one-time sessions to ongoing programs, we create customized training curricula to address your organization’s needs and goals.
- Development officer skills and competencies
- Campaign orientation for boards, organizational leaders, staff outside the development program and programs starting their first campaign
- Development training for Deans and Academic Leaders
- Engagement training for program staff
- Development and leadership skills for volunteers and boards
- Professional development tracks for fundraisers and advancement staff
- Leadership Development
- New manager tracks
- Development for Academic and Program Staff
World class athletes, musicians and performers work closely with their coaches to achieve and maintain preeminence in their fields. Similarly, top performers in advancement programs benefit from working with an executive coach to build upon their talents and experience. Executive coaching packages can be customized for emerging talent, senior executives, new managers, or any other members of your team who are striving to deliver their very best.