Interim Executive Leadership
Our clients benefit from reduced disruption caused by vacancy in leadership roles, more seamless transitions, additional perspective on search requirements, stronger search outcomes and more successful launches of newly appointed advancement leaders.
Additionally, interim periods often provide an opportunity to examine existing programs, reconsider strategy and reset expectations.
Our Interim Executive Leaders:
- Guide the work of the advancement office
- Provide training to the team
- Advise on best practices, regarding development, advancement, etc.
- Work with advancement leadership and staff to evaluate and strengthen key advancement programs
- Serve as a strategic resource for senior leadership and the board
- Manage the programs, budgets, operations, etc. under the named remit
- Ensure that fundraising goals are being achieved
Inform the search process for a new development leader with our Comprehensive Leadership Transition Solution
A Comprehensive Leadership Transition Solution
Aspen Leadership Group (ALG), a recognized leader in executive search and coaching in the nonprofit sector, and Marts & Lundy, a leader in strategic fundraising consulting, offer clients a holistic and seamless approach to philanthropic leadership transition. Combining our expertise and services, ALG and Marts & Lundy offer comprehensive talent solutions to presidents, boards, vice presidents, chief advancement officers and other nonprofit leaders that include:
- Assessment of current potential, staffing and programming
- Interim on-site management of fundraising staff and programs during leadership transitions
- Executive search
- Executive coaching
- Successful onboarding of new advancement leaders and launch of new management structures, with ongoing advancement and campaign consulting as desired
Learn more about Aspen Leadership Group
Recommendations that follow a self-assessment or one performed by outside counsel are often numerous and impact multiple aspects of the fundraising operation. Return on the investment of an assessment requires proper implementation. Marts & Lundy can provide hands-on support to help effectively implement program improvements.
Our work includes:
- Creation of an operations plan, with direction on budget, staffing and structural changes
- Ongoing training and coaching
- Recommendations to help internal constituencies embrace their roles as members of the community, including giving and fundraising
- Portfolio building for principal and major gift prospects and development of strategies targeted to top prospects
- Prioritization across revenue streams
- Recommended processes and procedures for donor recognition and stewardship, gift acceptance and compliance, prospect management, prospect development, etc.
- Strategies for engaging, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding different segments of constituencies
- Guidance in achieving milestones and timelines
- Maintain focus on efforts that promise the most impact and are aligned with defined priorities
- Advice on implementation issues and troubleshooting of the unexpected
- Attendance at Board or strategy meetings